From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Openssh and Zlib version check
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:00:14
1 * Redouane Boumghar <redouane.boumghar@×××××××××.fr> wrote:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > I am trying to upgrade openssh from version 4.5_p1 to version 4.7_p1
6 > but installation of version 4.7_p1 always crashes at the zlib version check.
7 >
8 > openssh 4.7_p1 seems to require zlib version 1.2.3 or greater
9 > that I did have installed since the dinosaurs disappeared.
10 > I keep having this message :
11 >
12 > "
13 > checking for possibly buggy zlib... yes
14 > configure: error: *** zlib too old - check config.log ***
15 > "
16
17 Just have a look at openssl's configure.ac ... it's simply crap.
18 They still didn't learn how to write proper configure scripts.
19
20 File a bug the upstream and mask out that version.
23 cu
24 --
26 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
28 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
29 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
30 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
31 http://patches.metux.de/
33 --
34 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list