From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Big booboo!
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:04:34
1 Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
2 > Help! I inadvertantly deleted my /var/db/pkg directory (and indeed my
3 > entire /var (Don't ask!)). Is there ANY way to regenerate it or am I
4 > SOL?
5 >
6 > The system still works, just not emerge. If necessary I can rebuild and
7 > migrate the apps but I'm hopeing...
8 >
9 > Tony
10
11 If you have FEATURES="buildpkg" then it is possible to recover all of the /var/db/pkg data from the tbz2 files. Attached is a "quick and dirty" little script to do that. This dumps everything, including multiple versions of the same package if they exist.
12
13 Zac

xpak_dump.py text/x-python