From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.11.4 runs havoc
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 19:30:32
1 On 01/31/2012 02:53 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > having updated xorg-server from 1.11.3 to 1.11.4 my machine runs havoc.
5 >
6 > xdm or slim start as usual, but having entered my password I get a
7 > blank screen or some colored strips and the only escape is via the
8 > famous SysRq sequence.
9 >
10 > But, disabling xdm, logging in via a console and using startx,
11 > Xorg is coming up normally and runs normally.
12 >
13 > Of course, I've re-emerged everything in x11-drivers.
14 >
15 > Has anybody made a similar experience and has somebody an explanation
16 > for this?
17
18 Does xdm leave log files in /var/log? (I don't know) Maybe there is
19 something old/invalid in /etc/X11 directing xdm to do something stupid.
20 Did you try re-emerging xdm? And revdep-rebuild, naturally.