From: "Benjamen R. Meyer" <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Default sound card for output...
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:03:11
1 My system has two sound-cards - one on the motherboard (snd_intel8x0)
2 and an one via PCI (SB Audigy/snd_emu10k1). I don't mind having the
3 driver compiled for the snd_intel8x0 card, but I want the Audigy as my
4 default card chosen for playback.
5
6 Some applications (e.g. Rosegarden) let me select the card. Others (e.g.
7 embedded flash) do not.
8
9 I'm running KDE 3.5.8, but can't see something that will let me set the
10 default card beyond choosing ALSA.
11
12 Is there any way that I can set the Audigy to be the default card?
13
14 Both drivers are loaded by udev - so I guess there's something I could
15 do there to control order...but I'm not that familiar with writing udev
16 rules.
17
18 I've figured out how to identify them somewhat using udev rules;
19 however, the Audigy is not unique enough across the types of devices
20 (e.g. audio, admmidi, amidi, etc.)...
23 So what's the easiest way to set the Audigy as my default sound card? If
24 I have to use uDev, then what's the easiest way to identify and order
25 the devices and be able to capture all their sub-devices as well?
26
27 TIA,
28
29 Ben