From: Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales <raphael.melo21@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags: mmx sse sse2
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:42:44
1 Certain program have support for either of these extentions. The
2 program will most likely use the best one for the job.
3
4 They can be mutually exclusive, however, if you use the CFLAG
5 -mfpmath=sse,387. As far as I know it, it will try to use SSE
6 instructions for math where possible, in detriment of using the 387
7 math co-processor. But this only get any advantage when using AMD64
8 processors.
9
10 I never tested it, I just copied what the Gentoo Wiki says about it. ;P
11