From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Which Java Runtime is "best"?
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 14:19:01
1 I haven't seen an interesting site using Java for a long while. I
2 recently stumbled across http://discover.itsc.uah.edu/amsutemps/ and
3 decided it would be nice to actually view it. I haven't had Java on my
4 machines for a long while. There are a few Java implementations
5 available (Sun/Blackdown/IBM/BEA/Kaffe/others?), so my question is...
6
7 - which one gives the least trouble setting up and running?
8
9 Since I'm only going to be using it a few times a month, I'm not too
10 worried about benchmarks, unless an implementation is excruciatingly
11 slow.
12
13 I only need a runtime. I don't know the programming language, so
14 there's no need for a full-blown development environment.
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
18 --
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list