From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mentors project?
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:22:02
1 I'm just wondering, is there a project meant to act as a team of mentors,
2 ready to take on new recruits?
3
4 Points:
5
6 * I haven't noticed an official grouping of any sort that organizes
7 potential mentors into a cohesive group
8
9 * I noticed the #gentoo-mentors channel. It appears to be registered, and
10 is occupied by ChanServ, but nobody (op or otherwise) is in it.
11
12 I've also had some trouble in the past during my devhood journey. A lot of
13 it is my fault for being waylaid by RL drama, but my two previous mentors
14 had to resign due to their own RL takedowns, and it "sure would be nice" if
15 there were a labelled team I could approach.
16
17 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Recruiters/Mentoring has instructions
18 for mentors, but I don't see any project/subproject on Google specifically
19 meant to organize.
20
21 Would it benefit gentoo to have "mentors" as an official project, possibly
22 as a comres subproject?