From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resurrecting a Gentoo install
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:47:27
1 On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have an old Gentoo system that hasn't been updated or used at all in
3 > at least 2 years.  It's remote but I have SSH access.  I've updated
4 > portage but I thought I should check with you guys before I plow ahead
5 > with emerge -DuN world.  It won't be used for anything until I bring
6 > it up to speed and someone can physically log in and issue commands a
7 > couple times per week so an outage isn't the end of the world.  Any
8 > advice?
9 >
10 > - Grant
13 Ugh...not a fun task.
14
15 First step - eix-sync then emerge -fDuN @world and see if it will
16 fetch what you need. If it does, great. If not then you have a first
17 look into what sort of problems you'll be dealing with.
18
19 Good luck,
20 Mark