From: Jan Seeger <jan.seeger@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Failed to allocate mem
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:34:17
1 On 16:44 Mon 19 Nov , de Almeida, Valmor F. spammed my inbox with
2 >
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > This is showing up on my /var/log/messages file. I've done a memtest and
6 > the memory seems fine. I wonder what does this mean. Maybe it is not
7 > even related to the physical memory.
8 >
9 > PCI: Failed to allocate mem resource #6:20000@f8000000 for 0000:01:00.0
10 I have exactly the same problem on my laptop. It's actually pretty new, so I don't think it's
11 something about memory. I have 2 Gigs, so perhaps it's something with the motherboard not being able
12 to handle the RAM. But free shows the full 2048 MB.
13 I'm curious also, since I sort of gave up looking for an answer.
14 Greets
15 Jan Seeger
16 --
17 thenybble.de/blog/ -- four bits at a time
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list