From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Apache server setup
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:10:21
1 Hi List,
2
3 Is there a guide to setting up an Apache server on a Gentoo system? I'm
4 having difficulty getting the SSI module started; also the top-level
5 .htaccess file that comes from the production server Out There throws an
6 error on my local LAN server: "/home/prh/public_html/.htaccess: Options
7 not allowed here".
8
9 I run a website whose pages all have the same menu bar below the title,
10 so to simplify maintenance of the 130 pages I've extracted that bit of
11 HTML into an included page. This works fine on the production server but
12 not on the local server.
13
14 Of course there's lots of documentation of Apache on their site, but the
15 config on Gentoo differs from the standard and I find the Gentoo docs
16 unhelpful - they seem to assume a good working knowlege of Apache and
17 just show the differences from other setups.
20 Rgds
21 Peter