From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help with xorg-server-1.9.4 and no hal; broken mouse/keyboard/X
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 03:41:17
1 On 02/20/2011 12:53 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:48:17 -0500, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
3 >
4 >> Thanks for the help. This was less painful than I thought. However it
5 >> exposed a internet connection problem. I am using wicd for wireless and
6 >> wired internet config. This laptop happened to be in a place where no
7 >> wired internet is available. Since I use the wicd-client X config
8 >> utility I was not able to connect to the internet while X was down.
9 >> There is a wicd-cli but the man page is empty. I guess I will have to
10 >> get some info on how to use wicd-cli on an emergency like this.
11 >
12 > The man page is empty but wicd-cli --help will shoe that that this is not
13 > what you want. You need wicd-curses, but wicd-client should call that for
14 > you when X is unavailable.
15 >
16 > If you have auto-connect enabled for your ESSID, you don't even need
17 > that, wicd will connect as soon as it starts at boot.
20 Indeed, wicd-curses does the job.
21
22 Thanks,
25 Valmor