From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] Tally ho!
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 07:17:54
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 30/06/2014 03:16, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
3 >>> This isn't the first time a topic has started or ended up being not
4 >>>> related to Gentoo or even computers.
5 >> You are really tenacious. :-) It seems that I should lower my
6 >> expectations regarding what's on-topic and what's not. Lets say, every
7 >> topic is fine as long as the poster asks a question about a technical
8 >> problem he has and as long as the topic has nothing to do with weapons.
9 >> Is that definition ok for you?
10 >
11 > It's a case of regular posters who have been here for 5+ years, and in
12 > some cases more than 10 years. These folks have become friends with each
13 > other and sometimes what is being discussed derails somewhat.
14 >
15 > That's what humans do - they chat about whatever they feel like chatting
16 > about. It is going to happen and there is nothing you can do about it.
17 > Just let it go. It happens once every month or so on average.
18 >
19 > It's interesting to note that the sub-thread of how off-topic WWII
20 > aircraft are is getting larger than the thread it is complaining about.
24 +1
25
26 Dale
27