From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] strange beeps from windows
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:33:55
1 I almost strictly use GNOME, and since configuring ALSA notice this
2 annoyance that many events from Pidgin cause "beeps" through the speakers
3 (when Pidgin starts and it auto-joins an IRC channel or someone addresses
4 a message to me, or IM's me, etc.). The "beeps" also are caused by non-
5 Pidgin events, it's just that Pidgin is the worst offender. These
6 "beeps" are through the soundcard/speaker, it's different from the
7 "system beep".
8
9 I've disabled many beeps and tried many permutations of the sound
10 configurations within GNOME to no avail. It has to be something
11 available through the GNOME GUI?
15 thanks,
16
17 Thufir