From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ssh access in vhost account
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:34:53
1 On Saturday 14 October 2006 19:45, Mick wrote:
2 > I have a vhost account with an ISP and he's given me ssh access - which is
3 > nice. However, his /etc/sshd_config is set to allow passwd authentication
4 > rather than public key and there's no ~/.ssh/authorised_keys dir/file in my
5 > home.
6 How does that matter?
7 You should be able to create that yourself.
8
9 > Is there a way to set up per user sshd login preferences so that some users
10 > can login using say passwd while others use keys only, or is there just one
11 > setting for the whole server through the /etc/sshd_config? I am not sure
12 > how things work in a vhost setup so I though of checking first before I
13 > start asking them silly questions. ;-)
14 ssh doesn't care about vhost
15
16 And yes you can, the default sshd config comes with an example:
17 # Example of overriding settings on a per-user basis
18 #Match User anoncvs
19 # X11Forwarding no
20 # AllowTcpForwarding no
21 # ForceCommand cvs server