From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 03:05:40
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote: > >> Incidentally, dracut says it won't work on a kernel without modules.  I >> don't know if it's true or not. >> > > Oh really?  I don't use modules and I am the one having issues with not > being able to su to root from a user.  I wonder if that is related > somehow.  o_O
I don't use modules either (except scsi_wait_scan.ko; you cannot get rid of that one), I use dracut, and I can su just fine. Dale, can you please post the dracut comand you used to create your initramfs? Also, the DRACUT_MODULES you have defined, and the contents of /etc/dracut.conf? Not being able to su sounds incredible weird. Regards. -- Canek Peláez Valdés Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México