From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 03:05:40
1 On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Alan Mackenzie wrote:
3 >
4 >> Incidentally, dracut says it won't work on a kernel without modules.  I
5 >> don't know if it's true or not.
8 > Oh really?  I don't use modules and I am the one having issues with not
9 > being able to su to root from a user.  I wonder if that is related
10 > somehow.  o_O
11
12 I don't use modules either (except scsi_wait_scan.ko; you cannot get
13 rid of that one), I use dracut, and I can su just fine.
14
15 Dale, can you please post the dracut comand you used to create your
16 initramfs? Also, the DRACUT_MODULES you have defined, and the contents
17 of /etc/dracut.conf?
18
19 Not being able to su sounds incredible weird.
20
21 Regards.
22 --
23 Canek Peláez Valdés