From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: NX, FreeNX, Neatx, x2go?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:15:28
1 On 01/21/2011 04:43 PM, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 >[...]
3 > As FreeNX seems to be dead, I thought I'd give x2go a try. Did anyone
4 > have sucess with this? I don't even find proper documentation on how to
5 > actually use it. According to [1], the Gentoo documentation is [2]. The
6 > last comments state that there is no /etc/init.d/x2goserver script to
7 > start the server. Looks like a bug to me, but maybe it is not needed at all?
8 >
9 > What are these various x2go* commands for? Even the x2go wiki [3] does
10 > not document the x2goserver* commands.
11
12 I use x2go, but unfortunately I installed the server on a Debian
13 machine, not Gentoo. There, the *.deb package installs and sets up
14 everything automatically and I can connect to it right away. I only run
15 the x2go client on Gentoo.
16
17 So I've no idea how to manually set it up. All I know is that it works
18 like a charm :-P