From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can not restore data to ldap after update
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:26:11
1 On Monday 05 June 2006 11:52, Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > Today I updated my openldap from 2.2.28-r3 to 2.3.24-r1. Following the
3 > instructions in the ebuild I made a dump of my ldap-db before the update
4 > and I let dispatch-conf update all of the openldap-config-files.
5 > Now when I try to restore my data I'm getting the following:
6 >
7 > # slapadd -l dump
8 > slapadd: bad configuration file!
9 >
10 > Which configuration file is bad?
11
12 I'm replying to my own post... It was /etc/openldap/slapd.conf that was bad,
13 it had this entry "allow bind_v2". After removing this the slapadd worked
14 fine and I could start openldap. Now I have an other problem, if I add
15 the "allow bind_v2" again openldap will not start, and I need LDAPv2 for one
16 application. Any suggestions?
19 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
21 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!