From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: openoffice fails on qt_plugins_3.3rc
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:08:57
1 On 07/19/2009 04:16 PM, James wrote:
2 > Roy Wright<roy<at> wright.org> writes:
6 >> Also are you building OO from source or running the binary version?
9 > Well, it's definately a permission problem, because as root
10 > I can run OO flawlessly......?
11
12 There is also another possibility: root and you are just different
13 users, and the problem may lie in your ~/.oo3/ directory. To test
14 this idea just rename ~/.oo3 to something else and let OO make a new
15 one. If that test fails then you start looking at permissions.
16
17 I always keep a spare user account named 'tester' for the same purpose,
18 just in case the problem is something else in my home directory that
19 may not be obvious.