From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Slim hassle...to login or not to login
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 15:16:45
1 Hi,
2
3 while installing a new system from ground up on my new harddisc
4 I came accross a silly problem:
5
6 I have setup X and slim as login manager. I installed openbox
7 (no kde/gnome) as session manager.
8
9 Slim starts...and: The keyboard and the mouse are not responding...
10
11 Same happens when I start plain X as root. Screen remains black
12 and I have to use the sysreq-keys to get my box back to normal...
13
14 The X-logfile shows as only Error, that the GLX-module could not be
15 found.
16
17 I am using nvidia-drivers and reinstalled them as adviced but the
18 effect remains the same.
19
20 hald is running. fonts are installed (at least the default ones).
21
22 Also installed are:
23 x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev Generic Linux input driver
24 x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard Keyboard input driver
25 x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse X.Org driver for mouse input devices
26
27 eselect opengl set nvidia is done.
28
29 What is missing? Why dies this not work (my old system running on
30 the same hardware using the same setup in principle has no problem
31 at all with X/Openbox.
32
33 Why does X only half???
34
35 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
36
37 Best regards,
38 mcc
42 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
43 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
44 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
45 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.