From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT Xfce4/KDE] A URL aware applet
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 00:33:20
1 I once was a KDE desktop user... Lasted quite a while. But over time
2 I went to Xfce4.... Been using it now a good while, but one applet
3 from KDE is sorely missed.
4
5 There was some kind of panel applet, that was URL aware. Any time you
6 highlighted text that looked like some kind of URL, a dialog window would
7 open and offer to open it with whatever application normally opened
8 such a URL.
9
10 You might highlight a URL in a man page, text file, or even in the
11 scrollback buffer and the dialog would be right there offering to open
12 it.
13
14 I wondered if there is anything like that for Xfce and if anyone knows
15 what that applet it?
16
17 I am awaiting an answer from Xfce user list on the same question.