From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] is the X11 Security extension required for xauth?
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 23:39:55
1 On 12/22/19 4:17 PM, n952162 wrote:
2 >
3 > xauth(1) says:
4 >
5 > /if [the X server] does not support the SECURITY extension, the
6 > [generate] command fails./
7 >
8 > The xauth command is used to generate the .Xauthority file, which is
9 > required for X11Forwarding.
10 >
11 > But the Security Extension is not enabled by default:
12 >
13 > - - xcsecurity  : Build Security extension
14 >
15 > but I don't find anybody asking why X11 forwarding doesn't work under
16 > gentoo.  What am I missing?
17 >
18 Unless I'm missing something, X11 forwarding works fine for me on
19 Gentoo, ssh'ing either to or from an Artix Linux box. Unfortunately, I'm
20 on the road, so can't check any of my Gentoo settings for several days.
21 Have you checked your use flags for xorg-server?  I'm assuming
22 xcsecurity needs to be set, but don't know what the default state is.
23
24 (Sorry if this is a duplicate.  I sent the first from a non-subscribed
25 address.)