From: Heinz Sporn <heinz.sporn@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mail command and attachment?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 05:58:31
1 Am Mittwoch, den 23.11.2005, 17:28 +0000 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:58:40 -0500, Leonard - Gentoo wrote:
3 >
4 > > Is it possible to send an attachment using the 'mail' command say in a
5 > > cronjob? i have a file that i would like sent to me before deleted and
6 > > recreated to examine it.. but 'man mail' doesnt exactly suggest that an
7 > > attachment is possible
8 >
9 > I don't believe mail will do this, unless you encode the attachment and
10 > incorporate it into the mail yourself. mail-client/nail seems to do what
11 > you want, describing itself as 'an enhanced mailx-compatible mail client'.
12
13 Or use just this:
14
15 emerge mutt
16
17 Than in a script you might use something like this:
18
19 echo "Content" | mutt -s "Subject" -a file someone@×××××××××.com
24 Mit freundlichen Grüßen
25