From: Mike Diehl <mdiehl@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't restart apache2
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 06:07:01
1 Well, I'm not sure what I've done.
2
3 I did an emerge world some time ago and never restarted apache2.
4
5 Now that I HAVE to restart it, it's giving me errors....
8 /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
9
10 * Apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
11 apache2: Syntax error on line 257 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Cannot
12 load /etc/apache2/modules/mod_cgi.so into
13 server: /etc/apache2/modules/mod_cgi.so: cannot open shared object file: No
14 such file or directory
15
16 I've commented out enough lines in the httpd.conf file to guess that probably
17 NONE of my apache modules are present anymore.
18
19 How can I fix this? How can I do it and minimize my downtime?
20
21 TIA,
22 --
23 Mike Diehl