From: jdm <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] XDM Start Faster
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 22:27:21
1 Hi,
2
3 Over the last couple of weeks my wifi connection net.wlp5s0 doesn't see
4 to want to connect at boot up (It used to be very fast but now taking
5 1min +). Therefore XDM (login screen slim) takes a long time to start
6 up. And LXD daemon doesn't start at all.
7
8 I have my rc.conf set to rc_parallel="YES" but if I set this to "NO"
9 then clamd seems to take an age to start up as well as the wireless.
10
11 Is there a way I can get XDM to start quicker and leave the other
12 services to start up whilst logging in. I can then set rc_parrallel to
13 "NO" which I hope should ensure LXD starts correctly.
14
15 It's only a minor gripe but feels like it's taking a long time to
16 login. At least if I can get into desktop I can change wallpaper,
17 themes and icons whilst my wireless decides to get a grip.
18
19 Thanks
20 John