From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] He's baaaaaack!
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:16:51
1 --- Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv> wrote:
2
3 > log to linux, erase partition table, get those heads
4 > corect, write new
5 > partition table --> reboot, LBA is on and win is
6
7 What does this mean? LBA was off before and now it's
8 on? Where? In the POST? dmesg? In the BIOS? fdisk? dos
9 or unix?
10
11 Also note: as I've said elsewhere, even when the big
12 drive(/dev/hdb) is installed alone as master WinXP is
13 accessible, otherwise how could boot.ini open? But
14 both available options, WinXP or Recovery Console(by
15 which I had hoped to use fixboot etc.) lead to system
16 hangs.
17
18 The method you propose seems rather drastic. I'd like
19 to be sure before proceeding
24 Do You Yahoo!?
25 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
26 http://mail.yahoo.com
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list