From: Brian Waters <brianmwaters@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Avoiding HAL
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:21:22
1 Thanks Canek, that's perfect because for this upcoming install I'm
2 planning on using acpid for power management anyway. I don't think
3 power management is something that should run as a regular logged in
4 user, and it causes problems like your laptop not sleeping when you're
5 logged out with the login screen up, which is pretty dumb. Although
6 I'm not sure you can easily use acpid to "do something after 10
7 minutes of inactivity," so that will probably take jiggery pokery to
8 figure out.
9 Anyway, I digress. Maybe I'll start a thread on that when the time comes.
10
11 - BW