From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Heads-Up sys-lib/ss breaks Apps
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 05:43:10
1 If you guys did a emerge -uDav world anytime these past few days. I'm
2 sure you'll be hit by the libcom_err.so.3 error.
3
4 This was really bad. Ruined half my working day since I can't get Evo to
5 come up.
6
7 Anyway, the ebuild _does_ mentioned breaking compatibility and stuffs.
10 $grep einfo /usr/portage/sys-libs/com_err/*.ebuild
11
12 einfo "PLEASE PLEASE take note of this"
13 einfo "Please make *sure* to run revdep-rebuild now"
14 einfo "Certain things on your system may have linked against a"
15 einfo "different version of com_err -- those things need to be"
16 einfo "recompiled. Sorry for the inconvenience"
17
18 Which is a huge bummer since most of us don't go checking the ebuilds
19 for these specific lines. How I wish It would just abort and BLAST the
20 Einfo on the screen for me to see the next day and decide to do it
21 manually.
22
23 Oh well... It's fixed.
28 Ow Mun Heng
29 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
30 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
31 Neuromancer 11:54:59 up 19:51, 7 users, load average: 1.67, 1.49, 1.13
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list