From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 00:23:33
1 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >>> zgrep DEVTMP /proc/config.gz
7 >> Ooops, it sort of snipped a bit much. lol Here you go:
8 >>
9 >> root@fireball / # zgrep DEVTMP /proc/config.gz
10 >> # CONFIG_DEVTMPFS is not set
11 >> root@fireball / #
12 >>
13 >> Looks like a nope to me. ;-)
14 >
15 > That was the reason for asking for your /usr/src/linux/.config file.
16 > The udev ebuild ask for:
17 >
18 > CONFIG_CHECK="~BLK_DEV_BSG ~DEVTMPFS ~HOTPLUG ~INOTIFY_USER ~NET
19 > ~PROC_FS ~SIGNALFD ~SYSFS ~!IDE ~!SYSFS_DEPRECATED
20 > ~!SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2"
21 >
22 > The dracut ebuild ask for:
23 >
24 > CONFIG_CHECK="~BLK_DEV_INITRD ~DEVTMPFS ~MODULES"
25 >
26 > So please check that you have all those options (and don't have the
27 > ones with !), recompile your kernel, and reboot.
28 >
29 > Also, the divergence between /boot/kernel... and (hd0,0)/kernel... in
30 > your grub could be causing funny things. Check that also.
31 >
32 > Regards.
35 OK. I hate modules. Can they be built into the kernel? The only
36 module I have is nvidia for my video card.
37
38 Also, if you can put this in one email, what about the /dev line in fstab?
39
40 I didn't check the ebuild but I don't recall seeing anything when I
41 emerged dracut either. o_O Maybe we are on to something here. ^_O
42
43 Thanks
44
45 Dale
46
50 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
51 how you interpreted my words!
52
53 Miss the compile output? Hint:
54 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"