From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: XFCE user taking KDE for a spin
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 05:38:24
1 > > -* are masked for all archs. This is experimental beyond ~*. Furthermore,
2 > > you should at least specify your particular arch, like x86, amd64, ppc.
3 > > Many applications don't even use a -* arch so you will be missing a whole
4 > > bunch of stuff.
5 > >
6 > > A better way to handle this is to use the package.keywords file and add to
7 > > it any experimental ebuilds you want.
8 > >
9 > > man emerge will give you more information.
10 >
11 > I think he meant -* in USE and then adding some flags:
12 > for ex. USE="-* kde"
13
14 That's exactly what I meant. Sorry about that.
15
16 > Peper
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list