From: "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] freezing a package
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 00:01:39
1 On 19/12/09 Albert Hopkins said:
2
3 > Create an local overlay. Put the ebuild in there.
4
5 I'll need to read up on how. The section on overlays left me with the
6 impression that overlays were for experimental code, not for keeping private
7 copies of packages.
8
9 Anyway, I think I'll remove it from the world file, and mask it out, and look
10 into the overlay. At least it will be ignored when I emerge world.
11
12 I found that the > in the package.mask wasn't always enough though, as if I
13 used the --update argument to emerge and my version wasn't in the portage tree
14 anymore, emerge would get silly and offer to downgrade.
15
16 Mike
17 --
18 Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
19 "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a
20 touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
21 --Albert Einstein