From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How does Portage prioritze emerges in emerge world?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:04:20
1 Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > imho that is certainly not the way things should work. Why not build with
4 > latest libraries when you already have them? To do what you want, all kernel
5 > packages will have to be left alone from dependency tracking and I don't know
6 > whether it is possible or not. Just my 2 cents.
7
8 Another way of doing it would be for portage to stop after
9 'installing' a kernel upgrade. Then you would configure and (possibly
10 build) the new kernel before restarting portage.
11 --
12 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list