From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Java apps in 64 bit JVM?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:12:33
1 On Monday 29 June 2009 19:48:28 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon schrieb:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > The company has a Juniper Secure Connect VPN and I run amd64. The process
6 > > is: log in via a web page in a browser, click a button and the page
7 > > starts a java APP to create the ssl tunnel - a full blown Swing app, not
8 > > a mere applet.
9 > >
10 > > I've only ever got this Java app to run in 32 bit Firefox with the
11 > > java-x86- emul package. 64 bit Firefox, Konqueror, Opera all fail. I've
12 > > tried sun-jdk, sun-jre (nsplugin and nsplugin-2), blackdown and icedtea.
13 > >
14 > > The only thing that works is firefox-bin with a 32bit jvm. The app
15 > > doesn't do much in the way of logging so I don't know why it's failing.
16 > > This strikes me as odd:
17 >
18 > If it isn't an applet, maybe you can extract the jar's URL from the web
19 > page, download it with wget and try to run it locally.
20
21 There's a local copy on the machine anyway, which I've tried to run stand-
22 alone. The VPN uses two-factor auth - the Windows domain username/pass plus an
23 OTP from a credit-card fob. It appears that the web page sets this up right
24 somehow, and it's https:// so I can't sniff it and see what gives.
25
26 I'll keep trying though
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com