From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: Email encodings (was Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speed comparison to other distros )
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 21:12:44
1 > If you're going to call me out for ignoring things, missing things or
2 > simply not knowing things, please highlight what it is. "the quote"
3 > isn't very enlightening in this context. You have a nasty habit of
4 > referencing things without inlining them or referencing them directly,
5 > and this has gotten in the way of clear communication *multiple* times
6 > over the last week.
7 >
8 > > I only wrote two lines and you still missed it
9 >
10 > I respond to what's written in the email I'm replying to, because that's
11 > what I've just read, and that's the context of the email.
12 >
13 > > never mind the examples I had given in my original mail that do not
14 > > only apply to remote content and that you wrongly interpreted.
15 >
16 > Honestly, I never expected you to be up in arms over being exposed to
17 > HTML syntax.
18 >
19 > I presumed you were concerned about libpng, libjpeg, swf and gif.
20
21 As I clearly said both, but actually less so html. You seem to be under
22 the impression Androids mail clients let you avoid all that but they do
23 not. Talk about hitting your head against a brick wall.
24
25 > I
26 > presumed you were concerned about privacy concerns. Those are what most
27 > people who gripe about HTML email security are concerned with.
28
29 That would be to do with scripts and remote content.
30
31 Remote content Is as you have said almost always switchable and so was
32 not a concern/thought of mine but yes, what people shout about. Scripts,
33 well with Googles love of javascript (for obvious tracking reasons) I
34 wouldn't be too surprised if that is enabled without recourse on
35 android email.
39
40 'Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work
41 together. Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a
42 universal interface'
43
44 (Doug McIlroy)