From: "Sebastian Beßler" <webmaster@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which LiveCD for Intel Core2 Duo?
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:08:13
1 Am 11.12.2009 13:00, schrieb Erik:
2 > I will install Gentoo Linux on a Dell laptop with Intel Core2 Dua and
3 > 8GiB RAM. I tried 2 different LiveCDs. x86 boots fine, but does not seem
4 > to find all memory. IA64 does not boot. Are there hidden versions like
5 > x86_64?
8 Hi,
9
10 you need the amd64 LiveCD.
11 IA64 is for Itanium Server and not compatible for normal desktop 64bit PCs.
12
13 Even if the name amd64 suggests that it is only for amd cpus you can and
14 must use this even for intel cpus because amd produced the first 64bit
15 desktop pcs and Intel now is amd64-compatible.
16
17 Greetings
18
19 Sebastian