From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11-7.0 upgrade question
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 03:52:46
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > I wanted to know if I leave the kernel and ati-driver package alone
3 > but upgrade to xorg-x11-7.0 will it work? Does xorg-x11-7+ force any
4 > specific kernel requirement?
5
6 With X.Org 7.0, you will need to install an ati-drivers package that
7 supports modular X. I did a quick grep and came up with this:
8
9 $ grep xorg-server ati-drivers-* -l
10 ati-drivers-8.20.8.ebuild
11 ati-drivers-8.21.7.ebuild
12 ati-drivers-8.21.7-r1.ebuild
13 ati-drivers-8.22.5.ebuild
14 ati-drivers-8.23.7.ebuild
15 ati-drivers-8.24.8.ebuild
16 ati-drivers-8.25.18.ebuild
17 ati-drivers-8.26.18.ebuild
18
19 If one of those is already installed, you will need to reinstall it to
20 get the correct, dlloader-using drivers.
21
22 There should be no kernel requirement from X.Org, any kernel requirement
23 will be by ati-drivers.
24
25 Thanks,
26 Donnie