From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't find my partition when config grub
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 14:19:59
1 2007/1/6, Oliver Schmidt <oli@×××××××××××.ch>:
2 > Hello Chuanwen
3 >
4 > Not sure about the trail here ... seems you want to boot from a hp/compaq smart-array
5 >
6 > You need to install grub with the batch option.
7 >
8 > grub --batch --device-map=/boot/grub/device.map --config-file=/boot/grub/grub.conf --no-floppy
9 >
10 > then
11 >
12 > root (hd0,0)
13 > setup (hd0)
14 > quit
15 >
16 Yeah!I can enter grub when I reboot now!!Thank you so much!!!!
17 You know,last time I used "grub --device-map=/boot/grub/device.map"
18 and the result was also "succeeded" and "Done."
19
20 It's very wizardly!Now I can boot up just by change the command that
21 start grub!!
22 > make sure your fstab and your mtab (!!), also you proc is mounted and your device.map is correct.
23 >
24 > Have also two servers with smart-array.....
28 > cheers
29 > Oli