From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] chromium shortcuts?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 20:49:38
1 I've been using google-chrome, mainly because I assume, maybe wrongly,
2 that it means less hassle regarding codecs and such. But I'm out of
3 patience regarding the undocumented, uncustomizable, obnoxious,
4 invasive keyboard shortcuts/mouse gestures. So, I decided to try
5 chromium (-bin, for now), in the hope that it would be more
6 user-respectful.
7 Until now, no improvement. (Note that I symlinked
8 ~/.config/chromium-bin to ~/.config/google-chrome, otherwise I would
9 lose all bookmarks. Maybe it was a bad idea?)
10 So, is there a way to get rid of this, ahem, stuff? Ideally, I would
11 remove/edit some shortcuts, but I would settle for trashing it all. Is
12 this an unwinnable fight? (And is the dichotomy chromium-chrome
13 relevant at all?)
14
15 Jorge Almeida