From: Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [A little OT] Is anybody else seeing these? - [gentoo-user+owner@gentoo.org: Messages from gentoo-user@gentoo.org to you have been bouncing]
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:59:56
In Reply to: [gentoo-user] [A little OT] Is anybody else seeing these? - [gentoo-user+owner@gentoo.org: Messages from gentoo-user@gentoo.org to you have been bouncing] by "John J. Foster"
1 Le 20 juillet à 19:21:34 "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com> écrit notamment:
2
3 | I've gotten about 4 or 5 of these in the past few days, and don't really
4 | know what to make of them. Is anybody elese seeing this? Or do I have an
5 | issue? It's not happenning on any other lists, and all headers seem like
6 | it's legit.
7 |
8 | Thanks,
9 | John
10 |
11 | ----- Forwarded message from gentoo-user+owner@g.o -----
12 |
13 | From: gentoo-user+owner@g.o
14 | Subject: Messages from gentoo-user@g.o to you have been bouncing
15 |
16 | Hi, this is the mlmmj program managing the mailinglist
17 |
18 | gentoo-user@g.o
19 |
20 | Some messages to you could not be delivered. If you're getting this
21 | message it means things are back to normal, and it's merely for your
22 | information.
23 |
24 | Here is the index(es) of the messages that bounced in the attempt of
25 | delivering them to you:
26 |
28 |
29 |
30 |
31 |
32 | ----- End forwarded message -----
33
34 Yes, I receive this kind of message when my mail server is down and
35 gentoo's server cannot reach my address; these messages are quite normal
36 and innocuous; and actually I know of no other ML being as polite as
37 gentoo's ML!
38
39 cheers,
40 --
41 Jean Magnan de Bornier | Cours Victor Hugo
42 e-mots: jean at bornier.net | 13980 Alleins France
43 T 08 70 39 34 03 | P 06 09 17 35 87
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list