From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] ls config file?
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 08:55:06
1 After a recent update of coreutils to version 8.25, 'ls -l' started
2 displaying names containing spaces enclosed in single quotes, e.g.:
3
4 drwxr-xr-x 6 belardi users 4096 May 21 2012 'Audio Libraries'
5 drwxr-xr-x 2 belardi users 4096 Jun 10 2014 Brochure
6
7 The option that controls this is --quoting-style, so
8 --quoting-style=literal returns to the old behaviour (which I prefer). I
9 can alias 'ls' to include this option but was wondering if there is a
10 global configuration file controlling such behaviour.
11
12 thanks,
13
14 raffaele