From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hubris?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 23:41:08
1 On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 22:59:40 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > > But I think you do if your btrfs is raid 1. The kernel can't mount
4 > > > multidisk btrfs until it done a btrfs device scan in userspace, run
5 > > > from initramfs.
6 > >
7 > > According to the btrfs wiki you can pass
8 > > device=/dev/sda1,device=/dev/sdb1 on the kernel boot line.
9 >
10 > Apologies if I have missed it, but what is wrong with using vanilla
11 > ext2 for /boot?
12
13 The question is about the kernel mounting / from a multi-device btrfs,
14 without an initramfs - nothing to do with /boot.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 SITCOM: Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage