From: Crob <crobzhu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with rtl8187
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:53:17
1 Dominic Kexel :
2 > Hi there!
3 >
4 > Yesterday I updated my kernel to 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 and wanted to give the
5 > rtl8187-module a try. I am using an Alpha-Network WLAN-USB-Adapter with
6 > the Realtek 8187-chipset.
7 >
8 > The problem is following:
9 > After loading the module and configuring the interface, everything works
10 > fine for about 10 seconds, and then the connections breaks up.
11 > /var/log/messages doesn't show anything. I have to reload the module
12 > and re-configure the interface to have it work for another 10 seconds.
13 >
14 > I blacklisted rtl8187 and installed the r8187-driver-module from
15 > http://dl.aircrack-ng.org/drivers/. This works fine, but I don't know
16 > why the kernel-driver does not work as it should.
19 > Any ideas?
24 I'v got a wireless network card in rtl8187 as well. I'm very srue It
25 works well with the kernel >=2.6.26.
26 I used the rtl8187 driver of the kernel supported and compiling it as a
27 module. It's working stable with aircrack-ng both monitoring and managing.