From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ZFS wiki confusion
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 13:16:50
1 On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 10:09:05 +0200, Remy Blank wrote:
2
3 > Just ignore the section "Installing into the kernel directory (for
4 > static installs)" on that page, unless you have a very special install
5 > (but then, you probably wouldn't have to ask here).
6
7 Yes, you only need that if you want the modules built into the
8 kernel. The zfs and spl sources include scripts to install to any kernel
9 tree, just unpack each source tarbal, cd into the appropriate directory
10 and run
11
12 ./configure --enable-linux-builtin --with-linux=/usr/src/linux
13 ./copy-builtin /usr/src/linux
14
15 for each.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I am McCoy of Bo...Damnit! I'm a doctor, not a collective!