From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] To Wifi or not to Wifi...
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 08:39:04
1 On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:54:53 AM Thanasis wrote:
2 > On 07/29/2015 05:42 AM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > <...snip...>
4 >
5 > > 2) How I can assign a static IP to my tablet.
6 >
7 > At the end of /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf add a line like
8 >
9 > host mytablet { hardware ethernet xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx; fixed-address
10 > xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx; }
11 >
12 > > 3) How I can change the MAC on my tablet.
13 >
14 > What is the OS on the tablet?
15
16 If I read this right in this thread, I believe it's Android Lollipop.
17 In this case, without rooting, it definitely will not be possible.
18
19 I don't see why anyone would want to change the MAC on a tablet, other then
20 try to break into someone elses WIFI.
23 Joost