From: bitlord <bitlord0xff@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] having problems getting burned cds to work
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 05:25:35
1 On Mon, 25 May 2015 22:27:39 -0400
2 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
3
4 > Hi. I am trying to burn an iso image to a cd (maybe its actually a
5 > dvd disk), and it boots without any errors, and I can mount the iso
6 > with the loop option, but if I try to mount the cd, it complains
7 > about ufs file systems, and if I try to mount with -t iso9660, it
8 > just says bad file type or bad superblock and the disk is unusable.
9 > Nothing interesting in the logs, it just says the same about ufs and
10 > nothing about iso9660.
11 >
12 > I am using cdrecord from cdrtools-3.01_alpha28 and I am running the
13 > unstable version of gentoo.
14 >
15 > Any assistance would be appreciated.
18 Sorry, I know nothing about standards, optical media and filesystems,
19 and don't understand how it works, once I had some issues with mounting
20 optical media, also missing a filesystem which I fixed with enabling
21 CONFIG_UDF_FS in kernel. I tried to read about UDF... before replying,
22 but it is too much for me, if I understand it correctly it is not just
23 what is written to the media but also how (different modes, for adding
24 more data later ...), so may be some option while burning media that
25 allows you to use free space left on the disk.
26 If this is not useful just ignore it. ;-)