From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 01:29:28
1 Howdy,
2
3 I got a link to this:
4
5 http://www.worldipv6day.org/
6
7 From there, there is a link to test whether the new IPv6 works on my
8 system and between me and the reat of the world. It appears I am not
9 ready. It complained about the DNS server for the most part. Funny
10 thing is, I use googles DNS servers. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are the
11 settings. I find it ironic that Google is one of the ones hosting this
12 event and it appears their server is not ready. Makes me think. < Dale
13 scratches chin a bit >
14
15 Should I have the USE flag ipv6 enabled or should I leave it off for
16 now? If so, anyone had any trouble with it or is this a trivial change?
17
18 Thanks much.
19
20 Dale