From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Generate data dvd iso image with growisofs or other
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:08:13
1 051026 Michael Kjorling wrote:
2 > On 2005-10-26 09:34 -0500, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
3 >> I'm having trouble digging out of google and growisofs --help
4 >> how to create a dvd data image.
5 > There is nothing special about a DVD ISO.
6
7 -- useful advice snipped after archiving --
8
9 > see growisofs man page
10
11 2 simple follow-up questions (I'm thinking of getting a DVD drive):
12 (1) which package is 'growisofs' in ?
13 (2) is the actual writing speed faster with DVD's than CD's ?
14 they hold a lot more data, but is writing-time proportional to content ?
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list