From: "Francesco R." <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to alter ./configure flags from emerge
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:01:48
1 Alle 15:01, mercoledì 23 novembre 2005, Harry Putnam el ga butta:
2 > |I noticed while emerging mysql that the ./configure flags used
3 > | during compile contained one that says: --without-docs
4 > |
5 > |Not a good plan for someone knowing zip about mysql. How can I
6 > |change that to --with-docs from cmdline?
7 > |
8 > |Another thing I noticed is this:
9 > |
10 > | [...] --with-big-tables --without-docs --without-big-tables
11 > |
12 > |What gives with that...?
13
14 That's a bug in the ebuild, the next one will fix this. As a mitigating
15 factor the rightmost option override the left ones.
16 In the ebuild the rightmost is set by use flags.
17
18 readline:
19 the use flag has always worked in "inversed" mode, but it's too late to
20 discuss about it, it will be removed in the next ebuilds (always
21 linking to the system readline)
22
23 also the "configure" option you see at compile time may _not_ be the
24 same the ebuild used, _but_ what the ebuild set always override the
25 MySQL default.
26
27 just in case you are thnking to play with mysql-5.0.16 wait for
28 dev-db/mysql-5.0.16-r2 <-- r2 but be advised that it's shiny new
29 and ... buggy.
30
31 Cheers,
32 Francesco R.