From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: new scanner : partial success
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 13:21:26
1 170503 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2017-05-03 15:13, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> It appears that the driver set-up includes a binary blob
4 >> & that it can't be done simply by picking the correct SANE_BACKENDS item
5 >> (the old scanner simply need 'plustek' to be chosen).
6 >> So can anyone advise me how to get my new scanner working on Gentoo ?
7 > Unpack the .deb in Mint with 'dpkg',
8 > then extract and investigate or show us the contents.
9
10 In another thread today, Thelma wrote :
11
12 > I was installing Brother printer driver on Gentoo via rpm
13 > rpm -ihv --nodeps (lpr-drivername)
14 > rpm -ihv --nodeps (cupswrapper-drivername)
15
16 There is also a .rpm version of the Epson driver pkg
17 & I see a Gentoo pkg 'rpm', which presumably gives the above commands.
18 Would it perhaps be easiest to install 'rpm' & get the .rpm driver,
19 then install the driver in a similar way to Thelma's printer driver ?
23 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
24 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
25 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca