From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange samba behavior, go figure.
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:46:02
1 Adam Holisky wrote:
2
3 >I'm running a fresh install of gentoo, kde 3.4, etc.. samba is installed, kde
4 >runs nicely, lisa is running, and i can list the smb directories on my
5 >network easily. I've got a full gigabit network setup, and every day I play
6 >media files over my network using the smb protocol from my server over to my
7 >ummm "modfied game console", which only has a 100mb card in it, of course.
8 >The media file play just fine, no problems. Transfer speeds on the rest of
9 >my network, to and form the sever, and to and from other computers, and great
10 >and consistant with a gigabit network.
11 >
12 >Problem is, when copying files in KDE from anywhere in my network to my gentoo
13 >box, speeds are at about 95 k/sec! Awful speeds.. i'm perplexed by this
14 >issue. Kernel is obviously configured properly, and as far as I can tell my
15 >network card is operating at 1000x.
16 >
17 >Any suggestions?
22 What kind of performance do you get if you mount one of the systems and
23 copy from the command line?
24
25 -Richard
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list