From: Bo Yang <struggleyb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] cannt open root device ?
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:31:14
1 Hello everybody :
2 I know maybe my question is just a piece of cake for you , but
3 I have struggled with it for 4 days , and I didn't get any answer from
4 the google and the archive .
5 So I came here !
6
7 And my problem is that :
8 I use VMware , and install gentoo linux on the vm which hold a scsi disk
9 . I compile the linux kernel with scsi support in the kernel self , but
10 when boot up the kernel panic with the bellow message :
11 VFS: Cannot open root device "803" or unkonw-block(8,3)
12 Please append a correct "root=" boot option
13
14 But I have a line in my lilo.conf : root=/dev/sda3
15
16 I have recompile the kernel for many times , but it panic everytime .
17
18 Thanks in advance !
19
20 Best Regard !